Why might Todd Bentley break down?
What would cause a high profile Christian Leader to break down?
- Overwork only after 30 days did Bentley have a weeks rest.
- 2 Outreaches a day x God TV, Morningstar don’t seem to be displaying any Pastoral oversight over Todd on this. How can a troulbled young man be expected to perform with TWO LOTS OF MISSION A DAY? and in the most marginalised high pressure areas of Ministry eg the Shanty Towns?
- But noone believes me!??!! Tongaat was consistently over the 30 days a 1000 down. 2000 thousand people attended but Todd had to stare at empty balconies. God TV did it’s best to hide this embarassing fact by the use of overpanning, avoiding onlookers and skeptics and by trying to control the viewer. Todd was consistently playing to the Living Room Initiative of 1800 rooms now but.
- Damaging theology all cancers, all types of diseases MUST be healed, all kinds of claims being made of new body parts etc. THE LORD HEALS and he HEALS ALL SORTS but for him to thrive as having healing as part of his gifts, he must have satisfaction of genuine medically verified healings. Example we as a church prayed for a lady who had a stroke and the Lord healed her. My prayers along with the group got God to heal her. Now she leads Worship at my Church which I visit in a special way.
- All the falsehoods and false prophecies of God TV. Bentley has to preach THIS gospel and of course FIERCE OPPOSITION COMES and Bentley is broken. Never has he an opportunity to ESCAPE their grip which needs to happen for him to find wholeness and healing.
- Gifts not discerned ie not healing ministry a false gift set instead of true discernment of his gifts and needs.
I have seen Todd suddenly go mad in Evening Sessions and suddenly lay hands on the people with no warnings, if they didn’t go down he would try again. I have seen him push people over.
He had a dream when he was with a person and he bear hugged her and threw her to the ground he claims she was healed. How far are we away from this happening again?